Why Should You See a Weekend Dentist?
Regular visits to the dentist are essential in maintaining your oral health. However, there are situations where you may not visit a dentist during the week, mainly because of your tight schedule. Also, dental emergencies may come up during the weekend, and they require urgent dental care. Fortunately, weekend dentists in Calgary are available to attend to your dental needs over the weekend.
What Services Do Weekend Dentists Offer?
Weekend dentists are available to attend to you on weekends. They provide dental care and emergency services you will get in a regular dental clinic. Weekend dentists in Calgary open on Saturdays and Sundays, and they provide services including;
- Dental examinations and cleanings
- Dental crowns
- Broken tooth
- Dental bridges
- Root canals
- Tooth extractions
- Root canal treatment
When Should You See A Weekend Dentist?
You should visit a weekend dental clinic if you are unavailable during the week due to a tight schedule or if you have dental emergencies, including;
- Loose tooth: for adults, teeth are permanent. Whenever you experience a loose tooth, it may be a sign of an infection or an injury. A weekend dentist can examine the root cause of your loose tooth and administer appropriate treatment
- Bleeding gums: although you may have bleeding gums when you brush and floss vigorously, recurring bleeding can be a sign of gum disease. Early diagnosis of gum disease helps cure the disease
- Severe toothache: this may result from gum disease, tooth decay, or any oral health problem. Visit a weekend dentist for appropriate diagnosis and treatment
- Dental abscess: untreated tooth decay or severe gum disease may cause a tooth abscess. If you have symptoms such as a fever, swollen glands, and a foul taste in your mouth, visit a weekend dentist for appropriate treatment
- Swollen jaw: this may be a sign of an infection in the salivary gland. Salivary gland infection blocks the saliva from breaking food down and washing away bacteria
- Constant headaches: toothaches and jaw pain can cause headaches. Also, teeth grinding can result in constant headaches. Visit a weekend dentist for diagnosis and treatment
- Canker sores: it is normal to have canker sores. However, when the sores become infected or linger, there is a cause for concern. Weekend dentists are available to attend to you if you have lingering sores for more than two weeks.
- Metallic taste: if you have had a metal filling and have a metallic taste in your mouth, it may signify that the filling is loose or cracked. Leaving the open filling may cause cavities, toothaches, or a root canal. Visit a weekend dentist for another filling and treatment of infections.
- Numb tooth: whenever you have severe toothaches, and your tooth becomes numb, it could be a sign of an infection in the tooth root. Visit a weekend dentist for treatment
- Fatigue: this could be a sign of stress or an oral infection. It is best to see a weekend dentist for diagnosis and treatment.
Where to Get Weekend Dental Treatment
Regular work hours do not allow for visiting dental clinics, and that is why weekend clinics are available to attend to your needs. You can get quality weekend dental treatment near you by asking friends and family for recommendations. Also, you can use an internet search to find a list of dentists open on Saturdays and check out their reviews.
You can call a dental office to find out if they provide weekend treatment. It is best to schedule an appointment before going to a dental clinic because weekend clinics may be fully booked, especially on Sundays.
Weekend dental treatment is available on weekends to attend to dental emergencies and oral health care, especially if you are unavailable during the week.