Elements of Cosmetic Dentistry
We talk to people every day – strangers and acquaintances, family and friends – and one thing that we cannot fail to notice is their dentition whether good or bad. Efforts made in a bid to give you a perfect smile are regarded as cosmetic dentistry.
There a saying that goes that no one is perfect. When it comes to your dentition, cosmetic dentistry is the solution to your imperfection. If you have a missing tooth or some missing teeth that need to be replaced, or your teeth are scattered, or you are not comfortable with the little gap in front of your teeth, or your teeth are dirty and you will like to have white teeth, cosmetic dental services are what you need and “cosmetic dentist near me” is the what you should be searching for.
If you are looking for a cosmetic dentist in SE Calgary, visit Sedona Dental to get top-notch cosmetic dental services that are unrivaled. Finding a person with a completely perfect dentition is somewhat like a wild goose chase. Right from infanthood, we require the services of a dentist to help correct dental issues and while you might think cosmetic dentistry is a new science, you might have just gone through one or two cosmetic dentistry procedures. So what are these procedures?
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Cosmetic dental services involve more than one dental procedure. Depending on the condition of your teeth, you might need just one of the procedures or you might need to do more than one. Consult a cosmetic dentist in SE Calgary to know what procedures will be best for your teeth or visit Sedona dental for a comprehensive examination of your teeth and professional advice on the best procedure for your teeth. Here are some of the procedures of cosmetic dentistry:
- Teeth Whitening: This procedure can also be referred to as Teeth Bleaching and as the name implies, the goal of teeth whitening is to make sure that your teeth look sparkling. Teeth whitening is used to brighten already white teeth or to remove the stain from the teeth. If your teeth are discolored with colors that you cannot describe, teeth whitening is what you need. The good thing about teeth whitening is that it can be done anywhere. You can whiten your teeth at home or go to the dentist. However, whether you want to do teeth whitening at home or in the hospital, you must consult a dentist first to be sure that your teeth can be whitened. This is because not everywhere teeth can be whitened. If it depends on the strength of the teeth.
- Veneers: Veneers are tiny shells made of metals or porcelain and are glued to the front of the teeth as treat for different teeth conditions. Each veneer is made according to the specifications of a tooth. If any of your teeth are discolored, broken or chipping off, the dentist examines the tooth, sends specifications to a lab and the lab uses the details to produce a veneer.
- Dental Implant: A dental implant is used to replace a tooth that is absent in the mouth. It is made of metal mostly titanium.
- Dental Crowns: A crown is made to cover the whole of a tooth. Like implants, crowns are also custom-made. A crown is can be used in different situations to correct any tooth–related issue. If your teeth are badly shaped, if they are not properly aligned, if they are discolored, if they are broken or chipped away, if you want to cover a space in your mouth, your dentist can prescribe a crown for you.
- Tooth Shaping or Enamel Shaping: This is a very painless process. It does not take much time. The dentist shapes the affected tooth or fills it, whichever needs to be done.
There are other processes covered under cosmetic dentistry like teeth bonding, orthodontics, etc. if you want to improve the aesthetics of your smile, make sure that you search for “cosmetic dentist near me” so you can a list of services to choose from. You deserve a perfect smile but your insurance provider might agree otherwise, so ask your insurance provider if cosmetic dentistry is covered under your insurance.